Recipe: Homemade Flatbreads
Back to school and work made easy with a deliciously different lunchbox staple, healthy snack AND winning weekday supper 💡
We're talking Homemade flatbreads – super-simple, super-tasty and super-fun. Not to mention the endless topping combinations...
Why not get the kids involved too?
Ingredients – 6-8 Servings – Takes 35 mins
- 250g self-raising flour,
- plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 250g natural yoghurt
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl with a spoon then pat and bring together using clean hands.
2. Dust a clean work surface with flour, then tip out the dough and knead for a minute to bring it all together. TIP: This isn’t a traditional bread recipe so you don’t need to knead for long!
3. Divide the dough into equal-sized pieces (roughly the size of a golf ball) then using a floured rolling pin, roll into 12cm rounds, roughly 2mm to 3mm thick.
4. Place the griddle pan on a high heat then once hot, cook each round for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until puffed up.
5. Finish with your favourite toppings then place under a hot grill for another minute or 2.